Observing the Eid’l Fitr at home
Due to the corona virus we have a valid excuse to pray the Eid’l Fitr at home
The Two rakah salah is prayed at home as follows:
1. The start time is view minsafter sunrise and ends at dhuhr start time
2. It is prayed with no athaan and no iqaamah
3. The recitation within the prayer is recited loud
4. The Fatiha is read in the first rakah and Surah Al ‘Ala (if not memorised then whatever he is able to recite)
5. The Fatiha is read in the second rakah and Surah Al Ghaashiya (if not memorised then whatever he is able to recite)
6. Seven Takbeers are made in the first Rakah before the recitation of Al Fatiha including the Takbeerutul Ihraam
7. Five Takbeers are made in the second Rakah before Al fatiha not including the takbeer of standing back up from sujood
8. The hands are raised with each takbeer
9. Nothing is said between the Takbeers.
10. To be lead by an appointed imam within the family ( father or learned child)
No khutba is done after the salah due to it being prayed in the house .
As extracted from the Arabic text of the book FATHU’L-BAARIY.