The Nagaland incident, unfortunately, will be investigated further: A military officer
NEW DelHI: Any threat to the Chinese military will be dealt with vigorously, Chief of Army Staff General MM Naravane said on Wednesday, during a press conference.
General Naravane said the Army continues to maintain a high level of vigilance and awareness on the northern border, while continuing to engage with China through military-level negotiations.
606 new cases, active figures cross 2,000 in Vadodara
Ahmedabad: A 19-year-old girl has been raped by 2 criminals
Despite partial disunity, the threat east of Ladakh has not diminished, Naravane warned, adding that India is now better prepared to face any challenge.
Speaking about Pakistan-sponsored terrorism, a military official said the increase in terrorism was reported at the opening of the Western border, while reiterating the policy of ‘zero tolerance for terrorism’. There have been repeated attempts to get into the Line of Control, he said.
He also said that the situation at J&K has shown a gradual improvement.
“In the west, there is an increase in the number of terrorists in various starting areas and there have been repeated attempts to break into all the LCs. This once exposed the dirty designs of our western neighbor,” said Gen Naravane, without calling Pakistan. .
Since January last year, there has been good progress on the north-west border, said a military official.
General Naravane also said the shooting in Nagaland would be properly investigated, while stressing that the entire security situation in the Northeast was still under control.
“The tragic incident that took place in Oting, Nagaland on December 4 is still under investigation. We are committed to protecting our people, even during operations,” he said.